- Amazon SES
- Google Maps
- JS custom scripts
- PayPal API
- zip2tax.com API
We had a task to develop an onlinestore to sell mats, made by Monkey Mat brand. The customer has set us a number of demands. This project, first of all, had to be reliable. It was necessary to take into account that interface should be userfriendly and intuitive to the user. The project was to include all the standard functions of the online store. It was necessary to ensure the system performance, which has to combine the functions of CRM/ERP system for sales and customers management. The system should be also integrated with the existing documentation system Lotus Notes.
It was necessary to ensure crossbrowser compatibility in the following browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer 9+ and scalability of the projects on mobile devices and tablets. This online store has a number of features:
- The shop should focus on retail and wholesale.
- There should be implemented a reliable system of creation, verification and activation of accounts;
- An online store should have a flexible pricing system. For this, it should be possible to add a variety of price lists for each account;
- For regular customers, there should be an ability to apply for a credit limit.
The system was developed on the basis of PHP Fuel PHP framework. At the time of the development of the project, the framework was one of the most advanced MVC technologies, which provides a large number of handy tools with relatively high productivity. For data storage, we used the database Amazon RDS. To implement payment Pay Pal service was used. To synchronize with the existing documentation system Lotus Notes SOAP communication protocol was used.
Team of 7 specialists worked on this project:
- Team lead (project evaluation, distribution, and control of the tasks);
- designer (creation of the website design, advertising content, and email newsletters);
- HTML developer (layout);
- Tester (test of the project).
Development of the project took us 2 months. The customer provided detailed specifications with all the requirements of the system. The employees of our company have made a detailed estimation of the project set deadlines.